May 2013–We celebrated SARDAA’s 5th anniversary at a private club, The Marque, in Houston, TX while recognizing Schizophrenia Awareness Week with informative and fun experiences for all attendees. Highlights of the evening:
- Patrick McIlvain of The Houston Walk gave an extemporaneous talk about how we work together to help our brothers and sisters. It was well received by all in attendance. Attendees new and established learned more about schizophrenia related disorders and about the upcoming October 26th conference.
- J.J. Essen delighted guests with his original and cover music.
- The elegance of The Marque was heightened by the delicious served hors d’oeuvres.
- Delighted guests got a peak at some truly exciting supercars.
- Dr. Harris Hauser was surprised and excited to discover that SARDAA exists and welcomes the opportunity to help us succeed.
- Dr. & Mrs. Hauser had a great time dancing to the wonderful sounds of J.J. and his turntable.
- We thank Sameera Faridi, of Poshak, for her generous contribution of gorgeous jewelry and the design of Linda Stalters’ beautiful gown.
- The most enchanting aspect of the evening was the continued friendships and relationships and the continued support of many volunteers: Carmen Hedley, Catalina van Meerbeke, Alex van Meerbeke, Audrey Hosie, Lisa Hosie, Katie Hosie, and Amy Larsen. We enjoyed the fantastic international alliance and friendships.