Have a story you would like to share? Positive voices of support can make a difference to people with schizophrenia and related brain disorders. Hearing Voices of Support is an initiative to promote acceptance, support, hope, and recovery for people living with schizophrenia and related brain disorders.
Schizophrenia is one of the most misunderstood conditions. People with the condition are often reluctant to talk about it for fear of being judged or discriminated against. We’re working to change that. We’ve invited people to speak openly about the voices they hear. And we’re inviting you to share your voice of support.
- upload your video voice of support to the Facebook page www.facebook.com/hearingvoicesofsupport
- share links to our site www.hearingvoicesofsupport.com, YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDJez1LZqzk, and Facebook page www.facebook.com/hearingvoicesofsupport through your social media account use the hashtags #MIAW and #HVoS
- ‘like’ and invite others to ‘like’ the Facebook page www.facebook.com/hearingvoicesofsupport
- comment on the videos that you find most engaging www.hearingvoicesofsupport.com, www.facebook.com/hearingvoicesofsupport
- tweet, see sample tweet from Elizabeth below:
It’s Mental Illness Awareness Week #MIAW watch #HVoS and https://youtu.be/jDJez1LZqzk?list=PLGw7jK5iqr0JmgQSJWB823OCIRNV2nsj5 … via @YouTube VOICE YOUR SUPPORT
So are you ready to share your story with us and the world?