“People with serious mental illnesses, including schizophrenia, die an average of 25 years younger than the general population.” - National Association of State Mental Health Planning Directors, 2006
With your help, we can change the statistics, save lives and provide the hope of a better tomorrow for people with schizophrenia-related illnesses and those who love them. Please consider joining us as a volunteer.
If you are interested any of these opportunities or have questions please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for:
- Virtual Administrative Assistant – develop communications, make appointments for the Executive Director/Chair, maintain spreadsheets
- Local Administrative Assistant - collect mail from West Houston P.O. Box weekly, assemble and mail materials, respond to emails, various office tasks
- Bookkeeping Assistant – reconcile bank account monthly
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Director of Fundraising
- Grant Writer
- Event Planning–Work with Event Planner to coordinate benefit events.
- FUND DEVELOPER–Donor Contact: Responsible for maintaining and adding contact list of donors by actively seeking and identifying potential individual and corporate donors. Solicitation: Actively solicit financial contributions from individuals and corporations. This may be accomplished through telemarketing, letter-writing campaigns and face-to-face appeals.
- EVENT PLANNER:Coordinate events and conferences.
Work closely with the CEO, Fund Developer and board members in brainstorming ideas for the event.
Responsible for implementing it from start to finish.
Responsibilities include booking the venue, advertising, inviting attendees, ordering food, arranging activities, working with vendors, arrange meals, travel, hotel accommodations and activities for the attendees.
Arrange multimedia equipment and room setup and help put together handouts for attendees.
Setting up the event.
Must work within a very tight budget and solicits sponsorships from major donors.
- Secure Sponsors
- Secure and work with entertainment, venue
o Work with venue to select food & sign contracts and maintain a copy of each contract.
o Communicate with the vendor throughout the planning process, especially if there are any changes with the event.
- Maintain a Budget
- Delegate Tasks
o Work with a team and delegate specific tasks to them.
- Publicize the Event
o Publicize through emails, newspapers, radio advertisements, television newscasts and passing out fliers to the public. Work with artist to create invitation
- Evaluate the Event
o Once the event is over, meet with the team and review event evaluations to get an overall impression of the event.